Your browser is not fully supported, please consider upgrading to a more modern version.
Last Updated April 21, 2015
Welcome to BIMExcellence.com, a website owned and operated by ChangeAgents AEC Pty Ltd, a company incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia.
The term “ChangeAgents AEC”, “ChangeAgents”, “CA”, “we”, “us” or “our” all refer to ChangeAgents AEC pty Ltd (www.ChangeAgents.com.au).
The term “Personal Information”, “Personal Info”, “Personal Data” or “Confidential Data” are used to describe information provided by the User and which will not be shared online or a with a third-party without the Account Holder’s explicit approval.
The term “Assessment Profile”, “User Profile”, “Profile”, “User Data”, “Assessment Data”, “Usage Data”, “Usage Information” refers to unidentifiable data (the User is not identified) which may be shared with third-parties.
The term “Managed Account” refers to a type of account which is managed by another User or organization (an “Account Manager”). For example, a User whose account has been set (partially or fully) by an employer is considered a Managed Account – and the employer as the Account Manager.
3. Collecting information
BIM Excellence collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of assessment, reporting and performance improvement. We are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information we collect, hold and administer. We treat personal data with respect and integrity which form the major part of our privacy values. We recognise the essential right of individuals and organizations to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. We may sometimes have to share information with third parties which need it to assist us in the development and the provision of our Services; organisations such as those who provide banking, payment services, mailing and technology development services. In doing so, we are bound by Victorian Privacy Laws, the Information Privacy Act 2000, as well as other laws, which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. Also, we have adopted the respective Privacy Principles contained in the Victorian Privacy Laws as a minimum standard in relation to handling your Personal Information. In broad terms this means that we will:
- Collect only information which BIM Excellence requires for its primary function
- Collect Personal Information about an individual or an organisation only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner
- Ensure that Users are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered
- Use and disclose Personal Information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the User’s consent
- Store and maintain securely the Personal Information and User Data collected and protect them from unauthorised access
- Provide members with access to their own Personal Information, and the right to seek its correction or removal
4. Information we collect upon registration and site use
BIM Excellence collects personal information from those who register with our Services. When a User registers with our Services, we require a first and last name, a Username, a title, a password, a secret question, a valid email, an address and a time zone/location. We also ask Users to provide mandatory/optional information covering their organization’s name, their role within the organization, their education level and other organizational and personal details.
Registration information is also used to authenticate Users, provide access to BIMexcellence.com and communicate with our Users. From time to time, we may contact Users via email to notify them of changes to our Service, inform Users of upcoming maintenance to the site, or to let them know about new BIM Excellence features. We may also send Users relevant promotional material on behalf of third-party partners; Users can opt out of promotional material at any time.
BIM Excellence typically collects and logs aggregate User statistics and website traffic. Such information includes website traffic statistics, date and time of visits, browser type used to access BIM Excellence, frequency of visits, pages visited, etc. We use this information to improve the Service delivered to our customers, track and diagnose performance problems and administer the website. BIM Excellence may disclose aggregated User statistics (for example, 50% of BIM Excellence customers use the Service daily) in order to describe our Services to prospective partners, sponsors, researchers, affiliates and other third-parties for lawful purposes. BIM Excellence will never disclose such data on an individual or identifiable basis to third parties except when we must comply with applicable laws which require such disclosure.
BIM Excellence may share user data and user's personal information if the user participates in an assessment campaign hosted by a third party. That is, if Company X hosts an assessment campaign on BIM Excellence and the user chose to participate in it, the user's data, personal information and assessment results with be shared with Company X. This will be typically - but not always - explained on each campaign page so to inform the user that his/her data and personal information will be shared with a third party. Users who do not wish to share their user data and personal information with a third party should not participate in these assessment campaigns. Company X will be bound by the same privacy articles explained in this policy and are not permitted to share user's data or personal information with another individual or company unless explicitly permitted by the user or as required by law. BIM Excellence will not be held responsible if these third parties breach this policy or any applicable privacy laws in this and other jurisdictions.
Users may deactivate their BIM Excellence account and delete their personally identifiable information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. When contacting us, they need to clearly indicating that they wish to permanently deactivate the account and delete all Personal Information. Unidentifiable User Data may not be deleted as part of this process.
6. Use and Disclosure
We will only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a directly related secondary purpose. For any other uses, we will obtain consent from the affected User. Also, we will only release Personal Information to a third-party under certain limited conditions:
- We will only release personal information about a User with that User’s expressed permission. For personal information to be released, the User concerned must sign/approve an online release form.
- We can release or share information with other Users or third-parties if requested by the User concerned.
- If you are using a managed User Account, an account provided to you by an employer, educational institution or similar party, the Account Manager has all rights to your account and can view your account details, inspect usage, assessment results and profile data. Also, the Account Manager can read content you've posted online, reset your password, change your permissions, suspend or cancel your account.
- We may transfer information to a contractor engaged by us to undertake work on our behalf. The contractor will be bound by the same privacy policies as that we bind ourselves to.
- We may share non identifiable User Data harvested from cookies in order to monitor browsing preferences and enhance site Users’ experience
7. Data Quality, Security and Retention
We will take all reasonable and necessary steps to ensure the information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and relevant to the functions we perform. We will also take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This will include ensuring that all electronic systems are protected through electronic passwords and other relevant and reasonable security measures.
8. Openness, Access and Correction
Where possible, we will give BIM Excellence Users the option of not identifying themselves when completing evaluation forms or opinion surveys.
BIM Excellence respects your privacy and will not share your Personal Information with anyone else except if you're using a Managed Account or when explicitly permitted by you. However, BIM Excellence allows Users to decide on which Personal Information they’d like to share with other Users, make public for all to see or keep private…Thank you for registering to use BIMexcellence.com!